NO. 1 SYRACUSE (10-0) AT NORTH CAROLINA STATE (6-3)
Time/TV: 6:30 p.m., ESPN2
Line: Syracuse -7.5.
Storylines: After losses by Kentucky and Ohio State, Syracuse is ranked No. 1 in the regular season for the first time since 1989-90. The Wolfpack are 6-3 after recent back-to-back losses to Indiana (at home) and Stanford (on the road).
Key Matchup: NC State’s C.J. Leslie vs. Syracuse’s Kris Joseph. Both have clearly become their teams’ go-to player. The two should square off 1-on-1 several times throughout the night.
The Bottom Line: This is the Orange’s first true road test, and it’s not an easy one. However, they’re much more talented and should pull away for an easy victory.
The Pick: Syracuse 82, North Carolina State 69.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1