MEMPHIS (5-3) AT NO. 4 LOUISVILLE (9-0)
Time/TV: 4 p.m., CBS (Regional)
Line: Louisville -9.5.
Storylines: After a disappointing 2010-11, Memphis was expected to overcome its maturity and continuity troubles this year. So far, it hasn’t. Louisville’s occasional struggles hasn’t stopped it from a 9-0 start. Louisville welcomes highly-touted freshman Kevin Ware into the mix for the first time this season.
Key Matchup: PGs Joe Jackson of Memphis and Peyton Siva of Louisville. Jackson (13 ppg, 3 apg) appears to be more consistent this year after an erratic freshman season. With Kemba Walker now in the NBA, Louisville PG Peyton Siva (10 ppg, 6 apg) takes over as the nation’s most clutch player. He hit the game-winning shot in Louisville's hard fought win over Vanderbilt, their toughest challenge yet.
The Bottom Line: Memphis has more talent, but Louisville finds ways to win, particularly at its new KFC Yum! Center.
The Pick: Louisville 66, Memphis 61.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1