Florida A&M University announced on Tuesday, August 14th that men’s head basketball coach Mike Gillespie was immediately relieved of his duties. Gillespie had been placed on paid administrative leave by Florida A&M in May after his arrest for misdemeanor stalking of a former girlfriend. Gillespie was arrested on May 25th after he was observed driving past his former girlfriend’s house after having received repeated warnings from the Tallahassee Police Department for making several unwanted visits to her home and workplace.
To quote Rakim, "It's been a long time", but with the beginning of fall camp for many of the nation's college football programs I'm back. By the end of the weekend players should be arriving, beginning preparations for a season slated to begin August 30 for some. Not sure how many of you like to sit down and watch footage from conference media days, but you usually end up hearing something quite interesting.
Florida A&M men’s head basketball coach Mike Gillespie, Sr. was arrested Friday, May 25th on a misdemeanor stalking charge by officers of the Tallahassee (Fla.) Police Department.
IS A COACH PERMITTED TO USE PHYSICAL FORCE
AS PART OF HIS COACHING STYLE? WERE BOBBY KNIGHT’S ACTIONS
AGAINST MICHAEL PRINCE PROHIBITED?
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1