NBA Draft: Al Thornton
This early projection of the 2007-08 All-American teams will be updated as official NBA Draft decisions are made.
First Team All-American
G. Sean Singletary
G. Chris Lofton
F. Brandon Rush
F. Julian Wright
F. Tyler Hansbrough
Second Team All-American
G. Darren Collison
G. Chris Douglas-Roberts
G. Drew Neitzel
F. Chase Budinger
C. Brook Lopez
Third Team All-American
G. DJ Augustin
G. Dominic James
F. Terrence Williams
F. Michael Beasley
F. Richard Hendrix
Fouth Team All-American
G. Mike Conley
G. Javaris Crittenton
G. Derrick Rose
F. Ryan Anderson
C. Taj Gibson
According to the Raleigh News and Observer and the Associated Press, North Carolina sophomore forward Tyler Hansbrough and freshmen guards Tywon Lawson and Wayne Ellington will all return next season.
1. UCLA - Back to back Final Four trips could yield championship if Afflalo returns.
2. Kansas - Even if one of Rush or Wright go pro, this is a top 5 team.. but there's a good chance they wont win it all.
3. North Carolina - This assumes Wright is gone but Hansbrough returns. This team is still loaded regardless.
4. Memphis - Even without Derrick Rose, Calipari's squad is primed for a Final Four run.
5. Louisville - With continued improvement from Derrick Caracter, there's no limit to the Cards success.
Ten-year old girls dream of the bouquet arrangements they will have at their weddings. They fantasize about the place-settings and the way their bridal party will playfully pose for pictures.
But when that wedding day finally arrives, the bride is almost always a wreck. She reeks of whiskey sours and, as the service makes way for the reception, her over-the-top make-up fades into a stream of mascara tears.
The future is never quite as nice as we dream it to be.
And, just like those naïve little girls, college basketball fans can’t wait to meet their true love.
- NIT semifinals last night.. a pair of close 1-point games. Clemson will face West Virginia in the finals and hope to get one back for the ACC after Georgetown upset UNC. KC Rivers had 19 points for the Tigers..coming off a season-best 29 in the quarterfinals win over Syracuse. Rivers should emerge as a national star next season.
Name School Ht. Wt. Hometown
Aaron Brooks Oregon 6-0 160 Seattle, WA
Justin Doellman Xavier 6-9 210 Union, KY
Sean Denison Santa Clara 6-11 245 Nelson, British Columbia
Caleb Green Oral Roberts 6-8 255 Tulsa, OK
Jarrius Jackson Texas Tech 6-2 185 Monroe, LA
Trey Johnson Jackson State 6-5 218 Jackson, MS
Carl Landry Purdue 6-7 245 Milwaukee, WI
Dan Nwaelele Air Force 6-5 206 Bothell, WA
DJ Strawberry Maryland 6-5 201 Corona, CA
Kyle Visser Wake Forest 6-11 255 Grand Rapids, MI
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1