ST. LOUIS – Saint Louis University President Lawrence Biondi, S.J., announced today that Rick Majerus will be the new Billikens head men’s basketball coach. Prior to working as a college basketball analyst for ESPN for the last three years, Majerus amassed a 422-147 career head coaching record and took his teams to the postseason 15 times.
The University will hold an on-campus news conference at 10 a.m. Monday, April 30, to formally announce Majerus’ appointment. The news conference will be held in Busch Student Center, 20 N. Grand Blvd.
PHILADELPHIA (04/17/07) – Craig Williams, a 6-8, 230-pound forward out of Central High in St. Croix, Virgin Islands, has signed a National Letter of Intent to attend Temple University on a men’s basketball scholarship. Williams becomes the fourth member of Temple head coach Fran Dunphy’s first full recruiting class, joining early signees - 6-9 forward Lavoy Allen, 6-10 forward Micheal Eric and 6-2 guard Martavis Kee.
PITTSBURGH – Duquesne University head men’s basketball coach Ron Everhart has announced the signing of forward David Theis (Pittsburgh, Pa./Vincentian Academy/Mercersburg (Pa.) Academy) (pronounced TICE) to a National Letter of Intent.
The 6-7, 220-pound Theis is the first spring signee for the 2007-08 recruiting class. He joins Jovon Moses (Brooklyn, N.Y./Genesis One (Miss.) Christian School) who signed an NLI with Duquesne in the fall.
NBA Draft: Stephane Lasme
ST. LOUIS – Saint Louis University head men’s basketball coach Brad Soderberg today announced that 6-foot-4 small forward Anthony Mitchell (East St. Louis, Ill. / East St. Louis) has signed a National Letter of Intent to attend the University and play basketball for the Billikens. He will have four years of eligibility beginning with the 2007-08 academic year.
First Team All-Metro Area
G Jared Jordan (Senior-Marist)
G Loren Stokes (Senior-Hofstra)
G Antoine Agudio (Junior-Hofstra)
F Bryant Dunston (Junior-Fordham)
F Andre Harris (Senior-Fairleigh Dickinson)
Second Team All-Metro Area
G Carlos Rivera (Senior-Hofstra)
G Will Whittington (Senior-Marist)
F Robert Hines (Junior-St. Francis-NY)
F Anthony Mason, Jr. (Sophomore-St. John’s)
F Todd Sowell (Junior-St. Peter’s)
Third Team All-Metro Area
G Eugene Harvey (Freshman-Seton Hall)
Most Improved Player: Herbert Hill (Providence)
G: Aaron Brooks (Oregon)
G: Acie Law (Texas A&M)
G: Drew Neitzel (Michigan State)
F: Dionte Christmas (Temple)
C: Hebert Hill (Providence)
- Last year’s CHN Most Improved Player was Florida’s Joakim Noah.
- A lot of talk the first two days about the lack of upsets and the lack of excitement.. but I think today's 3 overtime games more than made up for it.
- Mike Conley's 11 points might have owned overtime, but Ron Lewis owned the game. When things broke down for Ohio State, he pretty much got them to overtime by himself.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1