CollegeHoops.net's Jon Teitel spent a lot of time Monday on conference calls with some of the biggest coaches & players in college basketball. Here are highlights of what the coaches & players had to say about their team's chances in the 2009 NCAA Tournament
EAST TENNESSEE STATE
East Tennessee State Buccaneers
Atlantic Sun (23-10, 14-6)
Tournament Odds: Mid-Major Conferences
Elite Eight: A March Interview Series
Atlantic Sun (1st, 18-13, 15-5)
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - March 7, 2009 The JU men's basketball team's return to the NCAA Tournament will have to wait another year as the Dolphins dropped the General Shale Brick Atlantic Sun Conference Tournament championship game to East Tennessee State, 85-68.
A rare Sunday morning version of the ever popular 20 Random Thoughts & Observations by CollegeHoops.net editor Shawn Siegel.
1 - Villanova's failed attempt to score from close range at the buzzer had to remind you of Charles Smith's Epic Fail with the Knicks. (1993 Playoffs, Knicks vs Bulls, Game 5. Still hilarious.)
The Buckeyes (7-0) hit more than 64 percent of their shots from the floor, including 10-of-17 from behind the arc. Lighty's effort led four Buckeyes scored in double figures, with Evan Turner adding 17.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1