Overall Rank: #103
In the most recent installment of his "Forgotten Legends" interview series, CHN writer Jon Teitel spent some time with Kelly Golob, who is the all-time leading scorer in Northern Arizona University history. A three-time All-Big Sky performer, Golob also ranks second in school history with 295 three pointers made.
Overall Rank: #117
College basketball is a game of history, exemplified by the stars of yesterday who set the bar for today's student athletes. Jon Teitel looks back at some of the forgotten (and not so forgotten) college basketball legends who made our game what it is today. Some of these names might bring back great memories, while others will mean nothing to you, but each of the player's below made an important mark on college basketball history.
In his most recent coaches' interview, CHN writer Jon Teitel spent some time with former Montana and current Old Dominion head coach Blaine Taylor. Taylor, whose Monarchs won the CAA's automatic bid this past season and beat Notre Dame in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, led the University of Montana to a pair of NCAA Tournaments in his seven seasons at the helm.
Jon Teitel: You played point guard for Coach Mike Montgomery at Montana from 1979-81. What was it like to play for him and what was the most important lesson you learned from him?
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1