Even though many acknowledged that the Cornell Big Red were underseeded in the aftermath of Selection Sunday, it was still a toss-up in regards to whether or not they would beat Temple. But in a game matching mentor (Fran Dunphy) and one-time assistant (Steve Donahue), it was Coach Donahue's team that took control of the game for good in the second half via the three-point shot (Ryan Wittman) on their way to the 78-65 win in Jacksonville.
Cornell Big Red
Ivy League (27-4, 13-1)
February is a great time for college basketball, but with 149 D1 games scheduled on Saturday, there's sure to be some duds. The games below are hideous, either due to the wide disparity in opponents or the utter lack of quality between the sides.
#25 Cornell vs Brown - 7:00
-- Brown is 5-14 against D1 competition. Meanwhile, Cornell's won their last 3 Ivy games by 36, 34, and 26. This will get ugly, real ugly.
Jackson St vs Alcorn St - 6:30
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1