Tournament Odds: Mid-Major Conferences
1. North Dakota State (16-2)
2. Oral Roberts (14-4)
20 Random Rants, Thoughts, and Observations from the Week in college basketball by CollegeHoops.net Editor Shawn Siegel:
1 - So if beating #1 makes you go from a nobody to a somebody, does BC go back to being a nobody after losing to the 199th (RPI) team at home? (or were they just somewhere in the middle the whole time).
1 - Why the heck is their no college basketball the next three days? Is someone trying to punish me?
2 - Butler has officially moved into the legit category (which Bulldog fans have been telling me all season) after knocking off Xavier last night. There was a Matt Howard sigting too, as the big man had 19 points and 14 boards.
Ben Woodside - North Dakota State
2 Games: 45.5 ppg, 5 rpg, 9 apg, 1 spg
PHOENIX - The IUPUI Jaguars gave No. 20/18 Arizona State all it could handle, but came up on the short end of a 59-58 overtime decision at the 2008 Desert Classic inside U.S. Airways Arena on Sunday.
Eugene Spates led four Northeastern players in double-digits with 14 points and preseason All-Colonial pick Matt Janning added 13 points.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1