Akron and Toledo voted favorites by MAC Media.
Ever heard of Lebron James? How about Dru Joyce and Romeo Travis? If you haven’t heard of the last two so far, then you’re bound to hear about them a lot this year. The two running mates of James in high school at St. Vincent-St. Mary’s are entering their senior seniors and are hoping to get their school on the map. Akron returns 9 of 13 letterwinners and is no doubt a very experienced team. This is the team that most publications are picking to win the MAC East this year and many people think this team can go the distance and make it to the Big Dance. First let’s break down the players class by class in order from seniors to freshmen.
The Ohio Bobcats are looking to bounce back after a tough, underachieving year last year. A lot of the team’s problems from last year, however, seemed to be answered as they started practice on Saturday. Last year the biggest problem was chemistry. A key figure to the chemistry imbalance was point guard Jeremy Fears. Fortunately for the Bobcats, Fears is gone and not too many people are worried he left the program. This year’s Bobcat team probably won’t make any “It” teams but make no mistake, they have what it takes to make the Big Dance. With six seniors and a preseason All-MAC junior, this team has the experience and talent to go a long way.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1