Brendan Bowers will be in Cleveland all week covering the MAC Tournament for CollegeHoops.net.
The Non-BCS Top 25 is a weekly follow-up to the popular CHN Top 50 ranking. Using the power-conference teams ranked in the CHN Top 50 as a base, an in-depth look at the world of "mid-major" basketball is pieced together. The Non-BCS Top 25 will be released early Monday morning following the Top 50..
Betting odds are a great guide to college basketball entertainment. Unlike fans, who often ride the wave of media predictions, betting lines tend to be a bit more focused and can give you an objective picture of how teams matchup (though lines too can get caught up in the wave of human emotion).
Akron is the favorite after winning 23 games last year, but just about everyone in the dominant East Division has a chance to make some noise.
OXFORD, Ohio—Miami University Head Men’s Basketball Coach Charlie Coles announced today (Nov. 11) the signing of three student-athletes to national letters of intent. Inked to join the RedHawks in 2010-11 are 6-foot-8 forward Jon Harris (Twinsburg, Ohio/Twinsburg), 6-foot, 180-pound point guard Quinten Rollins (Wilmington, Ohio/Wilmington) and 6-foot-4, 200-pound Josh Sewell (Louisville, Ky./Trinity).
CLEVELAND - Akron was predicted to finish first in the Mid-American Conference East Division in a poll of the league's media, the conference office announced on Oct 28.
Central Michigan was predicted to win the West Division, amassing 113 points and 10 first-place votes. Northern Illinois was picked to finish second with 102 points, while Eastern Michigan was forecast to finish third with 94 points. Ball State, Western Michigan and Toledo were picked to finish fourth, fifth and sixth in the West Division, respectively.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1