- Lets be honest, you've been disappointed with Greg Oden's play. He's been less future hall of famer.. and more Dikembe Mutombo on an off night..
- Getting Steve Alford (assuming it official happens) is a steal for New Mexico. His 152-106 record might not be overwhelming, but Alford brings a few things to the table that you have to love.
A) Publicity. No one particularly paid any attention to the firing of Ritchie McKay.. and except for some love for Danny Granger, no one has paid any attention to New Mexico the past few years.
NORMAL, Ill. – With a coaching lineage that reads like a Who’s Who in college basketball and over two decades of success on the hardwood, Tim Jankovich (JAYNK-ah-vich) was a logical choice for Illinois State’s Director of Athletics Dr. Sheahon Zenger, and as a result, the former Kansas assistant coach was formally named the 18th head coach in Redbird men’s basketball history at a press conference Tuesday morning from Doug Collins Court in Redbird Arena. “We are excited to be hiring a coach with the experience and expertise of Tim Jankovich,” Zenger said.
- Good job by Bill Self clearing his bench in the Jayhawks easy 107-67 win over Niagara. 14 guys got in the game including little used Brennan Brechard (22 minutes in his career) who even got 4 minutes of PT. Nothing like the memory of getting a few minutes run in the Dance.
- Similar bench-clearing for Florida who ended up beating Jackson State by 43. This game was actually neck and neck for about 15 minutes. Jackson State led 26-25 with 6 minutes to go in the first half. It was 87-43 Florida the rest of the way..
Its obviously been a while since the last Daily Dribble. I didn't mean to pull a JetBlue and leave you all hanging for a few days.. but the site was down last week and Ive been spending my time getting things running again.
After a rugged 18-game conference schedule, the Southern Illinois Salukis are the 2007 Missouri Valley Conference Champions. SIU closed out the regular season by winning their fifth conference title in the last 6 years and will
As we enter the final week of the Valley regular season, Southern Illinois controls their own destiny. The Salukis currently sit one game ahead of second place Creighton and if they can beat Indiana State and Evansville this week, which they likely will, SIU will be this year’s Missouri Valley Conference Champions. The Bluejays still have a shot at the title but need SIU to lose twice while they win their final two games. The Jays will likely have to settle for second place but they’ll join the Salukis in the NCAA Tournament as both look to be “locks” at this point.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1