SIU and Creighton tied atop conference with a 10-3 record.
I've always the Sagarin rating was the most useful of the various computer rankings. The fact that the RPI doesn't account for the venue basically renders it meaningless.
As of now, the Sagarin Top 25 is oddly similar to the human polls.. particularly the coaches poll. 23 of the Sagarin's Top 25 are in the Coaches Top 25. The two exceptions are Georgetown and Missouri State. Georgetown is 21st in the Sagarin, but 29th in the Coaches. A sizable difference, but still in the same conversation. The other team though is Missouri State. Missouri State is 25th in the Sagarin.. but didn't even garner a single vote in the Coaches Poll. Mo State also didn't even get one vote in the AP poll, which includes more team because of the much larger pool of voters.
In yesterday's Dribble.. I ranked all 73 BCS teams.. from UCLA to Colorado. I got a nice response about that list.. so I decided to do a ranking of the top "mid-major" leagues, ie, the 2nd tier leagues. The 2nd tier compromises the 62 teams of the A10, CAA, CUSA, MVC, MWC, and WAC. This leaves out the Horizon and the WCC which are the next in line. The Horizon actually has a higher overall RPI than the CAA right now, but this is based almost solely on Butler's hot start. No other HL team is in the top 110, but the CAA has 4 teams in the top 90.
1. Air Force 6-1 19-2
2. Memphis 6-0 16-3
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1