USAFA, Colo. -- Jeff Reynolds, an assistant coach for the Air Force Academy men’s basketball team the past two years, has been named head coach of the Falcons, athletic director Dr. Hans Mueh announced Tuesday morning.
Reynolds, the seventh head coach in program history and the fourth in the last five years, signed a five-year contract. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. He succeeds Jeff Bzdelik, who resigned on April 3 to become head coach at the University of Colorado.
- Following Tubby Smith's lead, Randolph Morris bolted Lexington.. siging with uber-bad GM Isiah Thomas and the Knicks. Not a bad move by the Knicks, but better for Morris.. who turned not getting drafted into a 2 year 1.6 million dollar contract. Articles proclaim Morris is a solid addition for the Knicks' "playoff push", but I can pretty much guarantee Morris will have absolutely no impact on this year's playoff race.
- Getting Steve Alford (assuming it official happens) is a steal for New Mexico. His 152-106 record might not be overwhelming, but Alford brings a few things to the table that you have to love.
A) Publicity. No one particularly paid any attention to the firing of Ritchie McKay.. and except for some love for Danny Granger, no one has paid any attention to New Mexico the past few years.
Siegel Thoughts: Day One Review
- All the talk all season about how Greg Paulus was the problem for Duke.. and suddenly he's the only guy keeping him in the game. What was odd about his 25 point effort is how many times he got into the lane.. and if he just had that killer scorers instinct down low, he probably could have had a half dozen more.
- VCU's Eric Maynor (22 points) picked up where he left off in the CAA Finals when he had 20, 7, and 4 assists.
There were too many games to count on Saturday.. so how is it possible to review them all? By writing the quickest, most straight-forward thoughts on every player and game possible..
Before overtime, Marist-Siena was one of the best games of the year. Hopefully these two will meet in the MAAC finals.
I'm convinced that Drexel would have the chance to go farther than any other CAA team if they made the tournament.
VT's Zabian Dowdell dserves serious ACC Player of the Year consideration.
Who knew Andy Rautins (15 ppg in last 4 games) would be Syracuse's most consistently solid player in their 4-game winning streak?
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1