Eastern Kentucky Colonels
Overall Rank: #140
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. — Jeremy Jackson, a 6-foot-4 guard from Brandon High School in Tampa, Fla., is Tennessee Tech men's basketball coach Mike Sutton's first announced signee of the spring.
"We're excited about Jeremy," Sutton said. "We think he's got a chance to be a very good player in our program. He's got long range, he's athletic an aggressive. We're really excited about adding him into the mix with our team."
During his final season at Brandon High School, Jackson averaged 18.8 points and 8.3 rebounds per game, ranking him second in scoring in Hillsborough County.
In a battle of USCs, South Carolina got the best of Southern California in overtime last night. The Gamecocks got a Jason Kidd like 26 point, 8 rebound, 8 assist effort from Tre Kelley.. Tim Floyd though probably wasn't too worried about the loss considering he locked up top prospect OJ Mayo on Wednesday. 58-21 sounds like the score of a Patriots-Raiders game.. but its the first half spanking that Maryland gave St. John's. The Terps come into this season with less respect then they've had in a long time, but a win over Michigan State tonight and they could find themselves back in the top 25. They'll face the Spartans in the Coaches vs Cancer finals, because Drew Neitzel hit a shot near the buzzer to give MSU the win over Texas. The Maryland-MSU final will feature two top programs that are suddenly overlooked in the national eye. As inexperienced as MSU is, to have an experienced point guard like Neitzel gives them a heads up over most teams around the country. Despite the loss, the good news for Texas is that Kevin Durant is proving to be as good as advertised.. the heralded freshman is averaging 21 points, 9 boards, and almost 4 blocks per game. If you haven't seen him play, you can check him out on ESPN 2 tonight at 7 eastern.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1