Leading up to the 2008 NCAA Tournament, we'll be presenting daily tips to help you fill in your bracket.
Today's Bracket Tactic
A Friday night update on all things Championship Week with an eye on the bracket..
- Miami, the Ohio version, almost caused havoc by knocking Kent State out of the MAC tournament. But the Golden Flashes managed to pull of a 49-47 win, ensuring that at least for another day the MAC is a one bid league.
Patriot League (21-11, 10-4)
Big Wins: 12/22 at Maryland (67-59), 2/6 at Holy Cross (62-46), 3/5 vs Holy Cross (62-60)
Patriot League Preview
American has home court, but will it matter?
By Raphielle Johnson
Here’s a quick preview of the ESPNU O’Reilly Bracket Busters games this weekend that will not be shown on television involving northeast teams. In most cases, the organizers of this event have done a better job of limiting the travel for non-television games, with the exception of UC Davis visiting Loyola (MD) among games involving northeast leagues. Bracket Busters, originally put together to provide schools in non-BCS leagues one last opportunity to add to their resume, now involves some 100 schools from sixteen conferences.
Niagara @ Appalachian State (Saturday, 1 PM)
Maybe, just maybe this whole “Seven Day Stretch” curse thing works in reverse, too. It seems that for the past several weeks, anything positive I have written about a team has proven to be the “kiss of death”. So it goes that anything negative I’ve written just might kick start a team. Last week I positioned Oklahoma State coach Sean Sutton on the hot seat, specifically for not winning a Big 12 Conference road game in more than a year. The Cowboys then proceeded to go out and beat Texas A&M in College Station.
10. Army (2006-07 Record: 15-16, 4-10 Patriot)
Head coach: Jim Crews
Returning Starters: 3- G Marcus Nelson (sophomore): 5-10, 190; F Chris Walker (sophomore): 6-8, 210; F Kenny Brewer (junior): 6-5, 210.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1