CARBONDALE, Ill. - Southern Illinois made some amazing discoveries in its 71-56 win over #24-ranked Saint Mary's Tuesday night.
First, it re-discovered its offense, which had gone AWOL during a three-game losing streak. Second, it found a player who could deliver buckets during crunch time of a close game -- junior point guard Bryan Mullins.
Mullins had never scored more than 16 points in a game, yet he delivered 24 on the night, including 11 points in the decisive final four minutes.
Three Stars of The Day
Continuing a new daily feature on Collegehoops.net, the Three Stars of the day. We handpick the best performances of the day, whether it be stat lines that make you drool, or clutch performances. Either way, its our way of showing the love:
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1