In the seventh annual ESPNU BracketBusters, the strongest mid-major teams in the country do battle in thirteen televised games. This preview features the premier Saturday games that are televised on ESPN or ESPN2.
Northeastern @ Wright State, ESPN2
In the seventh annual ESPNU BracketBusters, the country's strongest mid-majors do battle in thirteen televised games. Although most of these games are played on ESPNU, a few get big-time exposure on ESPN and ESPN2, a rarity for these publicity starved teams. For some, it might be their only remaining shot to impress America, and have basketball fans keeping them in the back of their mind in March. Here's a complete rundown of the televised games.
Each week I pose a Question of the Week for you the reader to chew on (masticate if you prefer) and digest..
This Week's Question: Which BracketBusters team will actually bust brackets in March?
Gibson, a junior from Los Angeles, Calif. (Dorsey HS), led the Bulldogs to a 55-42 win against Fresno State last week. Gibson scored a season-high 26 points after shooting 8-of-9 (88.9 percent) from the field and 6-of-6 from beyond the arc. Gibson was also a perfect 4-for-4 from the free throw line. He tallied five steals and four rebounds in the game.
Utah State, who had its 19-game winning streak snapped as well as its 16-game Western Athletic Conference winning streak, is now 24-2 on the season and 12-1 in the WAC. It was also USU's first road loss of the season as it is now 10-1 on the road. Boise State improved to 17-7 overall and 7-4 in league play with the win.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1