#15 Utah was able to escape by the slimmest of margins, with a Louie Sakoda field goal as time expired giving the Utes a 31-28 win over Oregon State and the Mountain West a 6-1 record against the Pac-10 this year. But while Utah was lucky to escape with a win, #10 USF wasn't so lucky with LeSean McCoy leading Pittsburgh to the 26-21 win. McCoy ran for 142 yards and two touchdowns, and contrary to my prediction Pitt's Bill Stull was the best quarterback on the field.
If tonight's WAC opener between #17 Boise State (3-0) and Louisiana Tech (2-1) can match the drama of last night's game, viewers will be in for a treat. Middle Tennessee (2-3, 1-2 Sun Belt) knocked off defending Sun Belt co-champion Florida Atlantic (1-4, 0-1) thanks to a touchdown pass from Joe Craddock to Malcolm Beyah as time expired. The successful point-after gave the Blue Raiders a 14-13 win and their first conference victory of the season.
What is the top D1 basketball program in each state.. and which program is the worst? While there's not much competition in Hawaii.. there are great debates to be had in loaded regions like California, North Carolina, and Texas. The State of '08 is a state by state ranking based mostly on recent success (the last five years) mixed in with subjective factors such as conference prestige, historical success, and overall program direction.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1