NBA Draft: Dominic McGuire
NBA Draft: Ramon Sessions
Portland State men's basketball has added another transfer to its roster with the signing of former University of Hawai'i team member Dominic Waters.
Waters will transfer to Portland State for the 2007-08 year and redshirt as per NCAA rules. He will be eligible to play during the 2008-09 season and have junior eligibility.
"I may sound like a broken record, but once again I am excited about another local kid who has decided to come back to Portland and play for Portland State," said Viking Head Coach Ken Bone in reference to Waters and another transfer, Phil Nelson.
LOS ANGELES - The John R. Wooden Award Committee today announced the 10 student-athletes named to the 2006-2007 Wooden Award All-American Team as well as the top five finalists who will be invited to the 31st Annual Wooden Award presentation in Los Angeles. The Wooden Award Player of the Year will be announced on Saturday, April 7, live during a national telecast on CBS Sports from The Los Angeles Athletic Club (LAAC) at 2 p.m. EDT.
We're only a week through the 2007 Big Dance.. but its never too early to start thinking about next year's Tournament. Here's an early projection of the 2008 NCAA Tournament field:
Big East (8) - Louisville - (DePaul, Marquette, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Providence, UCONN, West Virginia)**
Pac-10 (6) - UCLA - (Arizona, Stanford, USC, Washington, Washington State)
SEC (6) - Kentucky - (Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee)
ACC - UNC (5) - (Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, NC State)
Big 12 (4) - Kansas - (Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Texas)
- Good job by Bill Self clearing his bench in the Jayhawks easy 107-67 win over Niagara. 14 guys got in the game including little used Brennan Brechard (22 minutes in his career) who even got 4 minutes of PT. Nothing like the memory of getting a few minutes run in the Dance.
- Similar bench-clearing for Florida who ended up beating Jackson State by 43. This game was actually neck and neck for about 15 minutes. Jackson State led 26-25 with 6 minutes to go in the first half. It was 87-43 Florida the rest of the way..
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1