The weekend is here, and as we progress deeper into the month of November the national title race begins to take shape. But there are also conference (and divisional) championships to determine, and the three games that Billy and I have chosen will have a direct effect on who wins the Pac-10, SEC West and Big 12 South. But in the case of Alabama's trip to Baton Rouge, division bragging rights may take a backseat to some pure old-fashioned hatred as an old friend returns to the place he once called home.
SEC FIVE-YEAR STANDINGS
This ranking tries to answer a simple question: Who has been the best team in the SEC over the last five years?
Alabama Crimson Tide
What is the top D1 basketball program in each state.. and which program is the worst? While there's not much competition in Hawaii.. there are great debates to be had in loaded regions like California, North Carolina, and Texas. The State of '08 is a state by state ranking based mostly on recent success (the last five years) mixed in with subjective factors such as conference prestige, historical success, and overall program direction.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1