A Friday night update on all things Championship Week with an eye on the bracket..
- Miami, the Ohio version, almost caused havoc by knocking Kent State out of the MAC tournament. But the Golden Flashes managed to pull of a 49-47 win, ensuring that at least for another day the MAC is a one bid league.
Patriot League (21-11, 10-4)
Big Wins: 12/22 at Maryland (67-59), 2/6 at Holy Cross (62-46), 3/5 vs Holy Cross (62-60)
Maybe, just maybe this whole “Seven Day Stretch” curse thing works in reverse, too. It seems that for the past several weeks, anything positive I have written about a team has proven to be the “kiss of death”. So it goes that anything negative I’ve written just might kick start a team. Last week I positioned Oklahoma State coach Sean Sutton on the hot seat, specifically for not winning a Big 12 Conference road game in more than a year. The Cowboys then proceeded to go out and beat Texas A&M in College Station.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1