It may have been Good Friday for the rest of the world, but for college basketball fans it was a Great Friday. While Thursday’s opening round games had their moments, Friday’s slate of action was full of what makes the NCAA tournament great – upsets, nail biters, buzzer beaters & great individual performances.
Southeastern Conference (22-11, 9-7)
19-9 (8-6 SEC West)
Computer numbers (courtesy of kenpom.com): RPI 44, SOS 54 (before Saturday's games)
First off, a little clarification from what was written in my last entry. Arkansas RB Darren McFadden missed much of the fourth quarter last week due to a concussion, not cramping as I stated here. I apologize for the confusion. Now, two injury reports for games today:
- UCLA QB Ben Olson is not expected to play today due to headaches he's experienced throughout the week. Patrick Cowan will get the start in the Rose Bowl against Washington.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1