Multiple sources are reporting that Arkansas State has hired former LSU coach John Brady. Brady replaces Dickey Nutt, who resigned after 13 years leading the Indians.
Brady was fired by LSU in the middle of the season, with the Tigers struggling to an 8-13 start. Known more for his recruiting prowess than in-game coaching skills, Brady did lead LSU to the Final Four just two years ago. There was some recent rumblings that Nolan Richardson, the long time Arkansas coach, would get the job.. but talks fell through.
JONESBORO (12/2/07) - Arkansas State Head Men's Basketball Coach Dickey Nutt announced Sunday that senior guard Adrian Banks has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.
Banks started ASU's first six games this season, averaging 21.7 points and 4.2 rebounds per game.
JONESBORO (4/30/07) - Arkansas State University head men’s basketball coach Dickey Nutt has announced that Michael Lance, a First Team All-Region XVI selection as just a freshman at Three Rivers (MO) Community College last season, has signed a National Letter of Intent to play for the Indians next season.
“We are extremely excited about Michael Lance joining our Arkansas State family and basketball program,” said Nutt. “Michael is coming out a rising sophomore and that only enhances things for us because it gives us three good years with him.”
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1