Perhaps because they were reserves last season, or hidden in the shadows of bigger-name teammates, or simply not yet ready to shine.. these 10 Sleepers are ready to the steal the national headlines and emerge as legitimate NBA Draft prospects.
Unlike the NBA, where most starting lineups are set in stone weeks before the
season, NCAA starting fives are highly unsettled and constantly in flux. Going
through the BCS leagues this week, I'll be projecting the starting fives for
each team. Also included is the team's most important bench option, and some
notes on other possible lineups.
As voted on by Big 12 Coaches:
2008-09 BIG 12 PRESEASON POLL
Last night's game was thriller, with the homestanding Buffaloes pulling out the win 17-14 in overtime thanks to a Aric Goodman 25-yard field goal. Where did things go wrong for the Mountaineers? You can start with falling behind 14-0 in the first quarter, but the end of regulation had a lot more to do with their demise. Clock management? Virtually nonexistent on that final drive, with a receiver failing to get out of bounds when short of the first down marker...and the Mountaineers holding on to both of their remaining timeouts.
A couple weeks after John Wall's AAU coach was hired by Baylor in order to snag the top prospect, Ronnie Chalmers resigned from his position at Kansas. Like Dwon Clifton, who was hired to be "Director of Player Development" at Baylor, Chalmers was hired to be "Director of Basketball Operations" at Kansas in order for Bill Self to recruit his son, Mario. Now that Mario is off to the NBA.. Ronnie has wasted little effort jumping ship to "pursue new opportunities".
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1