Thanks to four players finishing in double figures and another grabbing twelve rebounds, the Tennessee Volunteers are headed to their first-ever Elite 8. Wayne Chism led the way with 22 points and 11 rebounds (18 pts in the second half) and Brian Williams added 12 rebounds as the Vols dominated the glass 41-29, grabbing 20 offensive rebounds in their 76-73 win over two-seed Ohio State in St. Louis. Evan Turner scored 31 points to lead the Big Ten Tournament champions but outside of William Buford (15 points) no other Buckeye reached double figures.
Big 12 Conference (25-7, 11-5)
Tuesday's a big day for teams in need to resume-building wins with many games providing teams the opportunity to further their causes. Rhode Island, who fell victim to Jordan Crawford in the second half of their loss at Xavier, could really use a win at Dayton to help their at-large chances. The same goes for the Flyers, who have lost two of their past three (both defeats came on the road). Losing to the Musketeers is by no means a bad thing but the 60-59 loss at St. Joseph's could be one that comes back to haunt Brian Gregory's squad if they don't pick up a few more quality wins.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1