Overall Rank: #108
Next up for Jon Teitel in his interview series is Boston College's all-time leading scorer, Troy Bell. Bell, who won two Big East Player of the Year awards and also led the Eagles to the 2001 Big East regular season and tournament titles, the only time the Eagles did that as a member of the league. After a pro career that included stops in the NBA, NBDL and Europe, Bell has now taken up the sweet science (boxing). And if his hand speed is as explosive as his scoring ability, look out.
We'll track coaching changes as they occur. If there's any missing on here, or if you have contract info to add (including salaries), please mention it in the comments section.
Latest 8/20: UIC tabs Wisconsin assistant to replace Collins
Was: Jeff Lebo
Is: Tony Barbee (UTEP)
Was: Al Skinner
Is: Steve Donahue (Cornell)
Was: Oliver Purnell
Is: Brad Brownell (Wright State)
Three student-athletes - 6-foot-2-inch guard Brady Heslip, 6-foot-10-inch forward Kevin Noreen and 6-foot-9-inch forward Papa Samba Ndao - have signed national letters of intent to play basketball at Boston College, according to an announcement by Boston College head coach Al Skinner. All three players will begin play during the 2010-11 season.
Ranking players is more art then science. How do you compare the potential of freshmen with seniors who have already peaked? How much does physical talent come into play versus intangibles and experience? How big a role do numbers play?
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1