In addition to 16 challenging league games, the Boston College men's basketball team will participate in the 2008 NIT Season Tip-Off and host Iowa in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, according to the schedule released by the school and the conference office.
The Eagles will also face two New England rivals - playing at Massachusetts on Dec. 6 and hosting Providence College on Dec. 20.
Boston College Eagles
Like civilizations, all great basketball programs eventually fall.. replaced by an upstart newcomer. In this week's Rise & Fall series, we'll take a look at which BCS programs are rising, falling, or merely treading water.
Three Stars of The Day
We handpick the best performances of the day, whether it be stat lines that make you drool, or clutch performances. Either way, its our way of showing the love:
It’s strange times in the ACC, as only two teams are nationally ranked. Not surprisingly, those two teams happen to be Duke and North Carolina, who are both heads and shoulders above the rest of the field in the conference. Also not surprisingly, three out of the five spots on the ACC All-January team are taken by Blue Devils and Tar Heels.
Guard – Ty Lawson – North Carolina – SO
14.1ppg, 6.0apg, 1.9spg
Best game – Jan 23rd – Miami (FL) – 23 points, 10 assists, 5 boards
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1