Jawaan Alston (Uniontown, PA/Albert Gallatin) has signed a National Letter of Intent to attend the University at Buffalo and participate on the men's basketball team, according to head coach Reggie Witherspoon.
Alston is a 6-8 power forward who averaged 20.7 points and 11 rebounds per game as a junior last season at Albert Gallatin High School in Uniontown, PA. He was named third-team All-State last year. With 937 points, Alston is already Albert Gallatin's all-time leading scorer.
In the MAC East, the Akron Zips were voted to finish first this year. The Ohio University Bobcats were picked to finish right behind them in what should be a very competitive division. The Kent State Golden Flashes and the Miami (OH) RedHawks were picked third and fourth respectively. Rounding out the MAC East were the Buffalo Bulls and the Bowling Green Falcons. In the MAC West, the Toledo Rockets were picked to finish first. Coming in second are the Northern Illinois Huskies. Third and fourth are the Western Michigan Broncos and the Ball State Cardinals. Rounding out the MAC West are the Eas
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1