Overall Rank: #15
Conference Rank: #2 Pacific 10 Conference
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. - The Big 12 and Pac-10 Conferences have announced the dates and matchups for the 2009 Big 12 / Pac-10 Hardwood Series. The series will be in its third year after starting competition during the 2007-08 season.
The majority of the games are scheduled for December 3-6, with three taking place outside the four-day series window. The matchups are new for 2009, after two straight campaigns of the same home-and-away meetings. In 2010, the contests will be return games from this year and take place from December 2-5.
The Pac-10 season closed with the OREGON STATE Beavers claiming the postseason title in the College Basketball Invitational. It's the 19th postseason crown all-time for the Pac-10 (15 NCAA, 3 NIT, 1 CBI)... For the first time in Pac-10 history seven or more teams won 20 games, while it's also the first time nine or more teams finished the year with a record of .500 or better... With Oregon State's participation in the CBI, All Pac-10 teams have now participated in postseason play over the last two years...
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1