Familiar Foes: In addition to meeting in the 2009 NCAA Championship Game and last year's ACC/Big Ten Challenge, Michigan State and North Carolina played in the first two Challenges (1999 and 2000) with the Spartans winning both games. North Carolina won both games last year.
First-Ever Meeting: Minnesota and Miami will square off in the first meeting between the two programs.
Atlantic 10 (22-11, 11-5)
Tournament Odds: High-Major Conferences
Atlantic Coast Conference
Last NCAA Appearance: 2008, First Round loss to Villanova
We’re finally here – the last weekend of the regular season. Some teams have led up to this by playing their way onto the bubble (Penn State, Oklahoma State), others have tried their best to burst their own bubble (Kentucky, Florida). But whatever the case, this weekend should be filled with some great basketball, as teams try to end the season on a positive note. Here’s some games to keep an eye on.
The second-to-last weekend of the regular season offers a ton of great games as teams try to add to their March resumes. With nearly every conference race yet to be decided, this weekend could go a long way toward determining seedings. Here’s a look at some of the best to watch for this weekend.
Saturday, Feb. 28
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1