Ranking players is more art then science. How do you compare the potential of freshmen with seniors who have already peaked? How much does physical talent come into play versus intangibles and experience? How big a role do numbers play?
Thursday night delivers an ACC showdown that could very well be repeated in December. Clemson (1-0) visits Atlanta to take on #15 Georgia Tech (1-0) (7:30 PM on ESPN), and it's fitting that a Yellow Jacket team that rarely gets the national spotlight plays on national television...opposite the NFL season opener. Jonathan Dwyer and company made short work of Jacksonville State last Saturday, but they'll face a defense some think may be the best in the ACC. A stat to watch tonight: turnovers, which played a significant role in last year's meeting.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1