BIG 12 FIVE-YEAR STANDINGS
This ranking tries to answer a simple question: Who has been the best team in the Big 12 over the last five years?
Unlike the NBA, where most starting lineups are set in stone weeks before the
season, NCAA starting fives are highly unsettled and constantly in flux. Going
through the BCS leagues this week, I'll be projecting the starting fives for
each team. Also included is the team's most important bench option, and some
notes on other possible lineups.
Round two of the Big East/Big 12 "Challenge" is on the docket for Thursday, with Louisville putting the Big East up 1-0 with a 38-29 home win over Kansas State last night. Redshirt freshman Victor Anderson had a big night for the Cards, rushing for 176 yards on just eighteen carries and three touchdowns. Louisville's defense also had two key interceptions in the second quarter that resulted in thirteen Cardinal points. But the task tonight will be much tougher for the defending Big East champions, who head into the high altitude to take on a young program on the rise.
Overall Rank: #144
Well, by now you know that two-time Championship Subdivision champ Appalachian State went into Michigan and left with a 34-32 win, closing it out with a blocked field goal with six seconds remaining. How does this happen?
Should be interesting to see who is #1 when the polls come out later today. My choice is UCLA. Though Florida is still probably the best team in the country and there's no shame in losing to Kansas.. UCLA should be #1 because they are undefeated. Pittsburgh and Ohio State are also undefeated.. but UCLA went to Maui and beat Kentucky and Georgia Tech. The Panthers and Buckeyes are a combined 13-0 by beating garbage on their home floor. I have no respect for teams until they leave their buildings to play top teams. The Buckeyes can earn respect with a big game against UNC next weekend, while Pitt still plays nobody for almost 3 more weeks.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1