Ranking the 8 Ivy League coaches is no easy task: One of them has never been a head coach before, two others coached their 1st Ivy games last year, and none have served a full decade as an Ivy head coach. As we get ready for another college basketball season, here is a look at who is doing the best job of keeping up with the Joneses...literally.
1. Glen Miller - Penn
(223-184 record in 17 years as head coach at Connecticut College/Brown/Penn)
Lions must replace four starters
Schedule (key games in bold)
November 14th @ Fordham (given Fordham's rebuilding as well, the Lions could win this game)
16th @ Seton Hall
Tyler Ugolyn Columbia Classic
22nd UMBC/Quinnipiac (win over Bryant could set up final against defending America East champs)
29th Stony Brook
December 3rd Wagner
Raphielle Johnson's Metro preview & weekly Metro rankings & updates are a staple of fans in NYC's tri-state region. To get things going, here is Raphielle's 23 team NYC Metro preseason ranking and all-Metro teams. Individual team previews will up shortly!
Preseason Metro Ranking
Teams ranked in the 12-17 area of the final rankings are clearly in a position to either move up or down next season. The team with the best chance to make a significant move up the standings in their league would have to be Manhattan (12-19), who return all key contributors next season. Guard Antoine Pearson was a Third Team All-MAAC selection this season, and swingman Devon Austin went a long way in establishing himself as this team’s leader in the MAAC Tournament.
6. Columbia (2006-07 Record: 16-12, 7-7 Ivy)
Head coach: Joe Jones
Returning Starters: 5- G Brett Loscalzo (senior): 6-0, 180; G Niko Scott (sophomore): 6-3, 200; F Mack Montgomery (senior): 6-5, 195; F John Baumann (senior): 6-8, 220; F/C Ben Nwachukwu (senior): 6-9, 235.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1