Southern Conference (26-6, 20-0)
Big Wins: 2/13 at UNC Greensboro (83-78), 2/22 at Winthrop 60-47), 3/1 at Georgia Southern (89-69)
Maybe, just maybe this whole “Seven Day Stretch” curse thing works in reverse, too. It seems that for the past several weeks, anything positive I have written about a team has proven to be the “kiss of death”. So it goes that anything negative I’ve written just might kick start a team. Last week I positioned Oklahoma State coach Sean Sutton on the hot seat, specifically for not winning a Big 12 Conference road game in more than a year. The Cowboys then proceeded to go out and beat Texas A&M in College Station.
Three Stars of The Day
We handpick the best performances of the day, whether it be stat lines that make you drool, or clutch performances. Either way, its our way of showing the love:
Overall Rank: #29
Siegel Thoughts: Day One Review
- All the talk all season about how Greg Paulus was the problem for Duke.. and suddenly he's the only guy keeping him in the game. What was odd about his 25 point effort is how many times he got into the lane.. and if he just had that killer scorers instinct down low, he probably could have had a half dozen more.
- VCU's Eric Maynor (22 points) picked up where he left off in the CAA Finals when he had 20, 7, and 4 assists.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1