A Friday night update on all things Championship Week with an eye on the bracket..
- Miami, the Ohio version, almost caused havoc by knocking Kent State out of the MAC tournament. But the Golden Flashes managed to pull of a 49-47 win, ensuring that at least for another day the MAC is a one bid league.
Big East (27-5, 15-3)
In one of the most exciting and well played games of the weekend, Georgetown (24-4, 14-3) stole a win from Marquette, 70-68 in overtime. The win allowed the Hoyas to keep pace with Louisville for first place in the Big East. Fifth year senior Patrick Ewing Jr. seems to be the heart and soul of this team. Not blessed with the size of his father, his blue collar work ethic helped spark this come-from-behind victory. Meanwhile, Roy Hibbert and Jonathan Wallace filled the stat sheet with twenty points apiece.
Game of the Week: No. 11 Georgetown at No. 21 Marquette (Saturday, 2:00 PM, CBS)
Top prospects from Primetime Shootout in Trenton, NJ
Class of 2008
Greg Monroe 6’10/220 (Georgetown) (Helen Cox, LA)
24 points, 9 rebounds and 4 assists
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1