Alright, the following two days have brought a litany of opinions concerning the end of game calls in the Villanova/Georgetown and Rutgers/Tennessee contests. But is it really cut and dry when it comes to determining which was the worse of the two? I say no, with some of the circumstances surrounding the games (and the plays themselves) needing to be considered before rendering a decisions. Here's my attempt (I assume you've seen the video of both plays, so I won't go into too much detail in describing them).
The foul call itself: Edge Villanova
Picture of the Day
I was watching Kansas play about a week ago, and listening to the starting line-ups got me thinking …“Man – they have a loaded roster. And that’s without Julian Wright!!” I started thinking that I could take that team to a title, that even I couldn’t screw up a team with all that talent.
Three Stars of The Day
We handpick the best performances of the day, whether it be stat lines that make you drool, or clutch performances. Either way, its our way of showing the love:
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1