by Joel Welser
Last NCAA Appearance: 2007, First Round loss to Indiana
Coach: Mark Few (9-8 in 8 NCAA appearances)
The “Curse” seems to have finally been eradicated…at least for a week. Davidson, Marquette, American and even Indiana had pretty good news last week. Does that mean that teams can stop worrying about the Seven Day Stretch or will it be a double-strength whammy this week?
Seven Day Savior (Team): Indiana Hoosiers
One of the perks of covering college basketball is being able to sit up close to the action, watching great teams play for free. The downside is that in the case of a blowout, you’re obligated not to leave.
Thus I was forced to endure all 40 minutes of Gonzaga’s 92-57 beat down of Pepperdine. This game was featured on the debut of ESPN’s Big Monday, but I’m sure the powers at be at ESPN would rather have aired Sports Center reruns instead.
Game of the Week: No. 11 Tennessee at Gonzaga (Saturday, December 29, 4:00 PM, ESPN2)
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1