BIG 12 FIVE-YEAR STANDINGS
This ranking tries to answer a simple question: Who has been the best team in the Big 12 over the last five years?
Unlike the NBA, where most starting lineups are set in stone weeks before the
season, NCAA starting fives are highly unsettled and constantly in flux. Going
through the BCS leagues this week, I'll be projecting the starting fives for
each team. Also included is the team's most important bench option, and some
notes on other possible lineups.
Duke or Carolina? BC or UMASS? Gonzaga or Washington.. or Washington State?
Three Stars of The Day
We handpick the best performances of the day, whether it be stat lines that make you drool, or clutch performances. Either way, its our way of showing the love:
Can I Keep My Jersey?
$23.95 ($29.95 Canada)
The subtitle of the book sums it all up – 11 Teams, 5 Countries and 4 Years in My Life as a Basketball Vagabond. NBA diehards and/or Iowa State fans will know the name Paul Shirley from the basketball court – the rest of the world is getting to know him from his very popular blogs on ESPN.com and from this very good book.
Iowa State Cyclones
Overall Rank: #138
It’s that time of year again in college basketball – spring – when fans try to predict which underclassmen will declare for the NBA draft as well as determine which players will be selected in the first and second rounds. However, it’s also the time when coaches try to fill in gaps on their rosters for next year from the only viable source still available – junior colleges.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1