While there's a lot of respect for the two-time defending Ivy League champion Cornell Big Red few people expected Steve Donahue's team to pull off the upset at top-ranked Kansas. But while the Big Red didn't complete the task they did have the nation on tilt for most of the game before falling 71-66. Sherron Collins led the way with 33 points as the Jayhawks enjoyed a free throw margin of +20 in the second half (23-3) and a +14 in points scored from the charity stripe.
With a lot of talent leaving the Big East, a lot of people felt the conference would be in a down year. However, it currently has the best record of any power-6 conference and has a great shot at putting 7+ teams in the NCAA tournament.
Sunday signals the end of the Thanksgiving tournament schedule with title games in both Orlando and Anaheim. West Virginia, who welcomed back Devin Ebanks in their win over Texas A&M, will take on a Portland team that's looked every bit the challenger to Gonzaga in the West Coast Conference in wins over UCLA and Minnesota. But they're going to have their hands full with the Mountaineers, who are more versatile offensively than either of the two teams the Pilots have beaten in Anaheim.
Milwaukee – The Marquette University men’s basketball program has signed prep point guard Reggie Smith (Harvey, IL/Thornton Township HS) to a National Letter of Intent, head coach Buzz Williams announced Thursday afternoon.
Smith, a 6-0, 175-pounder, will arrive on campus this summer and have four years of eligibility with the Golden Eagles.
Milwaukee – The Marquette University men’s basketball program has signed prep standout Jamail Jones to a National Letter of Intent, head coach Buzz Williams announced Wednesday morning.
Jones, a 6-6, 205-pounder, will arrive on campus this summer and have four years of eligibility with the Golden Eagles.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1