OK- raise your hand if you saw this coming, because if so, I've got a few lottery numbers that I need help picking.
Well, we certainly didn't expect this. Kansas, thanks to an 18-0 run in which Carolina went 9:03 without a field goal, raced out to a 40-12 lead before the Heels used a 15-4 run to close within 44-27 at the half. Here are a few observations in regards to the first half.
1. North Carolina has not seen a team this good on the defensive end of the floor.
You might say that grading individual matchups is a waste of time.. that it's all about the "team".. and I say, you're probably right. But its still fun to compare individual talent.. so we begin with UNC's starting five vs Kansas.
CBS has announced the specific tip-off times for the Final Four. Here's some early viewing thoughts on the big weekend to hold you over until our full game previews go online. Enjoy:
SATURDAY - APRIL 5TH
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1