Picture of the Day
In the era of the "superconference", more leagues are tipping off conference games in the month of December. Tonight, the MAAC, NEC, Ohio Valley and Horizon all had at least one conference game on tap. And with this being a blog on the northeast, I'll focus on the MAAC and NEC openers.
Niagara 89, Rider 77
Finally on to the last BCS statistical preview, the SEC. Each team writeup includes projected starting lineups, projected stats for each player, and a short comment. (Stats are listed in order of points, rebounds, then assists).
G Brandon Hollinger - 6, 2, 3
G Mykal Riley - 13, 4, 3
F Alonzo Gee - 15, 6, 2
F Demetrius Jemison - 8, 6, 1
C Richard Hendrix - 15, 10, 2
6 Mikhail Torrance - 6, 2, 3
First off, a little clarification from what was written in my last entry. Arkansas RB Darren McFadden missed much of the fourth quarter last week due to a concussion, not cramping as I stated here. I apologize for the confusion. Now, two injury reports for games today:
- UCLA QB Ben Olson is not expected to play today due to headaches he's experienced throughout the week. Patrick Cowan will get the start in the Rose Bowl against Washington.
Overall Rank: #63
There's been some talk on this site about "the bug"...the feeling that college basketball is just around the corner. Well, even though I love college hoops (if I didn't then why am I here?), I'd like to get this fact off of my chest:
College football, you are my crutch.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1