Sure, they came back for one more year. Fan favorites, BMOC, players who could have explored NBA riches, but chose instead to stay in school. But what about the year after that? Is it too much to ask for two more years? In most cases, yes.
NBA Draft: Reyshawn Terry
This early projection of the 2007-08 All-American teams will be updated as official NBA Draft decisions are made.
First Team All-American
G. Sean Singletary
G. Chris Lofton
F. Brandon Rush
F. Julian Wright
F. Tyler Hansbrough
Second Team All-American
G. Darren Collison
G. Chris Douglas-Roberts
G. Drew Neitzel
F. Chase Budinger
C. Brook Lopez
Third Team All-American
G. DJ Augustin
G. Dominic James
F. Terrence Williams
F. Michael Beasley
F. Richard Hendrix
Fouth Team All-American
G. Mike Conley
G. Javaris Crittenton
G. Derrick Rose
F. Ryan Anderson
C. Taj Gibson
According to the Raleigh News and Observer and the Associated Press, North Carolina sophomore forward Tyler Hansbrough and freshmen guards Tywon Lawson and Wayne Ellington will all return next season.
1. UCLA - Back to back Final Four trips could yield championship if Afflalo returns.
2. Kansas - Even if one of Rush or Wright go pro, this is a top 5 team.. but there's a good chance they wont win it all.
3. North Carolina - This assumes Wright is gone but Hansbrough returns. This team is still loaded regardless.
4. Memphis - Even without Derrick Rose, Calipari's squad is primed for a Final Four run.
5. Louisville - With continued improvement from Derrick Caracter, there's no limit to the Cards success.
Well, the Final Four is set, and with three of my picks still alive (Memphis was the other), bracket entry "rjaymoose will not win" indeed has a shot to take first place. All I need is for Florida to beat Georgetown next Monday, but both have their work cut out for them before the even get to that point. While the games were going on, there were two stories involving hoops on Tobacco Road that caught my attention.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1