Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Atlantic Coast Conference (19-10, 9-7)
Mississippi State, who hasn't done enough to sew up an NCAA bid to this point in the season, has a great opportunity to do so in Starkville on Tuesday night. Kentucky comes calling on ESPN in a game that matches up likely lottery pick big men in DeMarcus Cousins and Jarvis Varnado. With an RPI of 58 and an overall strength of schedule of 118 (numbers courtesy of realtimerpi.com) they need at the least a solid effort if they're to be a part of the NCAA Tournament.
#2 Villanova vs Seton Hall
-- Villanova is obviously a tourney lock, but their main concerns are winning the Big East and earning a #1 seed.
-- Seton Hall has some nice home wins, but hasn't won a road game since November 20th at Cornell. A win over Nova would go a long way to help their dimming hopes.
#3 Kentucky vs Ole Miss
-- Kentucky, like Nova above, is all about winning the SEC and earning a #1 seed.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1