With CHN's Greg Mengelt handling previews and predictions for every
game the daily preview will look a little different for the NCAA
tournament, with the focus being the game of the day in each region.
Below are the games on Thursday's slate that you should make time for,
and with four networks (CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV) showing every game in
its entirety, there's no excuse (besides a lack of TVs or laptops) for
you to not have a multiple TV/computer setup in your home. Enjoy the
(4) Wisconsin vs. (13) Montana: East Region
One of the tricky aspects of filling out a bracket is figuring out which team(s) can jump up and spring a surprise or two. Last season two teams from non-Power 6 leagues (Butler and VCU) reached Houston, and throughout the history of the 64/65/68-team era there have been teams who have made runs. Below are eight teams who can make surprising runs in the bracket, some to win a game or two and a couple others capable of getting to New Orleans.
In the next installment in his NCAA Tournament interviews series CHN writer caught up with two players for the Montana Grizzlies, guards Will Cherry and Kareem Jamar. Cherry is one of the best defenders in the country and was named Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year this season, while Jamar was named conference tournament MVP.
Jon Teitel: In high school you lost a state title to Kareem Jamar's team. Could you ever imagine that only a few years later you two would be teammates in the NCAA tournament?
Day two of the Big East Championship features four teams looking to improve their chances of reaching the NCAA tournament, with the biggest game of the day being the first. Nine-seed Connecticut, who opener their tournament with an 81-67 win over DePaul on Tuesday, takes on eight-seed West Virginia with the winner likely locking up a tournament berth. These two teams met once during the regular season, a 64-57 UConn victory at the XL Center on January 9th, and with so much change over the nearly two months since that game there may not be a whole lot to take from it.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1