Wednesday marks the end of September and with that comes the fact that college football fans will have to get used to watching games on "interesting" nights. Kicking things off is Hawaii (2-1) heading to Ruston to take on Louisiana Tech (1-2) in the WAC opener (8 PM on ESPN2) for both. Derek Dooley's Bulldogs were thought by many to be a challenger to prohibitive favorite Boise State but things didn't go well in either of their two losses, averaging just 13.5 ppg against Auburn and Navy. Looking for a place to start in dissecting Louisiana Tech's issues?
Thursday night is here, and for those of you with little or no interest in the ALCS there are a couple of intriguing college football games on tap. Florida State has a chance to make a statement in the ACC Atlantic race when they visit NC State. Yes, the Wolfpack have struggled this season, but keep in mind that they did beat East Carolina (a win that looks less impressive by the week it seems) in Raleigh and QB Chrisitan Ponder hasn't exactly lit it up against FBS competition for the 'Noles.
WAC MEDIA POLL
Overall Rank: #115
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1