When a team doesn’t shoot well, doesn’t rebound well and doesn’t shoot free throws very well there is a pretty good chance they are not going to win that night and that describes Loyola in their loss to UIC in the quarterfinals 60-49.
Loyola (12-19) shot a poor 38.3 percent (18-47), only made 56.3 percent (9-16) and then got killed on the boards 36-20.
DAYTON – Another close game, another win for the Raiders, as Wright State holds on to beat Loyola 55-51
That makes nine straight wins by the Raiders and every win has been by single digits. Wright State (18-6, 10-4 HL) has only played three games that were decided by double digits this year.
Unfortunately for Loyola (9-15, 5-9 HL) that makes 12 straight games decided by less than 10 points and only four of them were wins.
Tonight the Raiders jumped out to an 11-0 lead as Will Graham contributed a jumper and a layup, Vaughn Duggins did the same and Todd Brown sunk a 3-pointer.
Name School Ht. Wt. Hometown
Aaron Brooks Oregon 6-0 160 Seattle, WA
Justin Doellman Xavier 6-9 210 Union, KY
Sean Denison Santa Clara 6-11 245 Nelson, British Columbia
Caleb Green Oral Roberts 6-8 255 Tulsa, OK
Jarrius Jackson Texas Tech 6-2 185 Monroe, LA
Trey Johnson Jackson State 6-5 218 Jackson, MS
Carl Landry Purdue 6-7 245 Milwaukee, WI
Dan Nwaelele Air Force 6-5 206 Bothell, WA
DJ Strawberry Maryland 6-5 201 Corona, CA
Kyle Visser Wake Forest 6-11 255 Grand Rapids, MI
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1