The Miami (OH) RedHawks signed three players to national letters of intent on the opening signing day for college basketball. Set to join the RedHawk program in 2007-08 are guard Kenny Hayes (Dayton, Ohio/Northmont/Cincinnati State), forward Dwight McCombs (Chicago, Ill./Whiney Young) and forward Nick Winbush (Shaker Heights, Ohio/Shaker Heights).
Hayes is a 6-foot-2, 170-pound guard and averaged 19.1 points, 5.0 assists and 4.0 rebounds per game at Northmont High. He was named the 2005 GWOC Player of the Year and earned third-team all-state honors as a senior. Hayes was also a first-team all-league selection. Last season, he averaged 17.0 ppg 3.0 apg, 3.0 en route to second-team all-league honors at St. Catherine Junior College. He is attending Cincinnati State this year.
In the MAC East, the Akron Zips were voted to finish first this year. The Ohio University Bobcats were picked to finish right behind them in what should be a very competitive division. The Kent State Golden Flashes and the Miami (OH) RedHawks were picked third and fourth respectively. Rounding out the MAC East were the Buffalo Bulls and the Bowling Green Falcons. In the MAC West, the Toledo Rockets were picked to finish first. Coming in second are the Northern Illinois Huskies. Third and fourth are the Western Michigan Broncos and the Ball State Cardinals. Rounding out the MAC West are the Eas
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1