Thursday's schedule is highlighted by three in-season tournaments, with action in Charleston, New York City and San Juan. The 2K Sports Classic Benefitting Coaches vs. Cancer semifinals will be played at Madison Square Garden with Texas A&M playing Mississippi State in the opener and St. John's and Arizona doing battle in the nightcap. The second game jumps out not only because of the fact that it will be a home game for the Red Storm but also due to the roles that newcomers play on both teams.
As part of our 5-Year Ranking series, here's how the Big Ten teams stack up according to conference wins. The makeup of the Big Ten is quite different from most of the other power-conferences. The also-rans in the Big Ten have fared much better than other league also-rans, while the middle teams are much more mediocre. With one or two surprises, the final league standings will probably look pretty similar to the 5-year standings.
In the latest installment in his "Forgotten Legends" interview series CHN writer Jon Teitel spent some time with Lou Hudson, one of the all-time great players in the history of the University of Minnesota. After a fine collegiate career "Sweet Lou" played 13 years in the NBA.
Jon Teitel: You were nicknamed "Sweet Lou" due to your smooth jump shot. Who gave you the nickname and how did you like it?
Lou Hudson: Bill Russell and Sam Jones called me that, and it stuck. When I was in college, it was "Louie".
In the latest installment in his "Coaching Greats" interview series, CHN writer Jon Teitel spent some time with author Marc Hugunin discussing the career of former Minnesota head coach Louis "Doc" Cooke. During his time at Minnesota the late Cooke won five conference and three national titles. Hugunin is the co-author of the book "Minnesota Hoops: Basketball in the North Star State".
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1