In the most recent installment of his "Forgotten Legends" interview series CHN's Jon Teitel spent some time with the all-time leading scorer in Nebraska Cornhuskers history, Dave Hoppen. A 6-foot-11 big man from Omaha, Hoppen left Lincoln having scored 2,167 points and his field goal percentage of 60% ranks second in school history.
Jon Teitel: In the summer of 1983 you won a bronze medal at the US Olympic Festival. Which of the many collegiate stars who were there impressed you the most?
The final big day of games before Chrismas will offer up a couple of games in which ranked teams should be wary of the upset. Georgetown, looking to recover from their disappointing loss to Old Dominion over the weekend, will host an equally dangerous team in Harvard at noon. One big reason why the Crimson have a shot: senior guard Jeremy Lin, who's already scored thirty in a loss at Connecticut and led Harvard to their second consecutive win over Boston College. The Palo Alto native can get his own shot as well as set up his teammates, which will make him a tough matchup for the Hoyas.
Ranking players is more art then science. How do you compare the potential of freshmen with seniors who have already peaked? How much does physical talent come into play versus intangibles and experience? How big a role do numbers play?
Two of the nation's top 20 offenses get together in Columbia tonight (9 PM on ESPN) for a game that will go a long way in shaping the Big 12 North race. #21 Nebraska (3-1, 0-0 Big 12) visits #24 Missouri (4-0, 0-0) in hopes if getting back to their dominant ways in this series. Gary Pinkel's Tigers have won four of the last six in the series, including the last three meetings in Columbia by an average of 23 points per contest.
- Bracketology: Selection Sunday Projection
- Bracketology: Saturday Night NCAA Tournament Projection
- Non-BCS Top 25: Creighton, Colorado St Rise
- College Basketball Top 50: Indiana Ends Regular Season #1
- Non-BCS Top 25: Valpo Replaces BYU
- College Basketball Top 50: Maryland and Iowa St Drop Out
- Non-BCS Top 25: Davidson In, Wyoming Out
- College Basketball Top 50: #2 Gonzaga Hits All-Time High
- Non-BCS Top 25: Air Force, Davidson Making Moves
- College Basketball Top 50: Another Week, Another #1